The EU-LAC Foundation and the LAC NCP Network Coordinator, in collaboration with the Colombian Association of Universities (ASCUN) and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (Minciencias) of Colombia, are pleased to announce the "Workshops for Institutional Capacity Building in Science, Technology and Innovation Cooperation between Latin America and the Caribbean and the European Union: Focus on the Andean Region" that will take place on 22, 23 and 24 February in Bogota and virtually. This initiative seeks to achieve a better understanding and exploitation of the opportunities to develop bi-regional scientific cooperation initiatives and projects - between Ministries, Higher Education Institutions and researchers from Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe - and thus boost the strategic partnership between the European Union (EU) and the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC).
The event will be divided into three workshops:
- Workshop 1 - Dialogue and capacity building for public officials responsible for the EU-CELAC Joint Research Initiative (JIRI) (22 February 2023) - Register here for the first workshop!
- Workshop 2 - Training for National Contact Points (NCPs) of the Horizon Programme (23 February 2023) - Register here for the second workshop!
- Workshop 3 - Training on the Horizon Europe Programme for researchers, university managers, university association representatives and NCPs (24 February 2023) - Register here for the third workshop!
We consider these Workshops to be of particular interest to:
- Researchers, university managers, and representatives of university associations from Colombia and the Andean Region;
- National Contact Points (NCPs) from Colombia and the Andean Region;
- Public officials, decision-makers and representatives of governmental STI authorities from Colombia and the Andean Region.