The EU-LAC Foundation is pleased to announce the winners in the framework of the III EU-LAC Essay Contest on the Bi-regional Partnership:
- 1st place: "Knowledge Diplomacy: Moving towards a new framework for EU-LAC cooperation in higher education, research and innovation"
by Jennifer Faber
- 2nd place: "Empowering Academic Staff to Further SDG4: Launching a Digital Platform for Quality Education in EU-LAC"
by Stan Bruurs and Ricardo Alfaro
- 3rd place: "Apuestas educativas desde Abya Yala para una educación ambiental transformadora"
by Karen Milena Parra Guerra
We would like to thank the numerous people from both regions who participated in the contest, as well as the prestigious experts who participated in the Evaluation Committee for the essays:
- Prof. Alla Placinska, Head of the Centre for Iberian and Latin American Studies, University of Latvia
- Prof. Delia Maria Crovi Druetta, Faculty of Political and Social Sciences, Universidad Autónoma de México (UNAM).
About the EU-LAC Bi-regional Partnership Essay Contest
The main purpose of the competition is to receive essays on topics of relevance to the bi-regional partnership, especially academic papers aimed at increasing visibility and promoting mutual knowledge.
For the third edition, the chosen theme was "the future of education and the opportunities for bi-regional cooperation to advance an inclusive, quality and sustainable transformation of the education sector".