The EU-LAC Foundation is pleased to announce the winners in the framework of the II EU-LAC Essay Contest on the Bi-regional Partnership:
- 1st Place: "Fair bi-regional cooperation for a green recovery. Reflections from the case of lithium production in Argentina"
by Melisa Escosteguy and Walter Fernando Díaz Paz
- 2nd Place: "The European Union's new carbon border adjustment mechanism: what implications for the bi-regional partnership"
by Fernando de la Cruz Prego and Iosu Iribarren López
- 3rd Place: "The EU-LAC partnership for a green recovery: challenges and opportunities to Build Forward Better"
by Augusto Heras
We would like to thank the numerous people from both regions who participated in the contest, as well as the prestigious experts who participated in the Evaluation Committee for the essays:
- Alonso Brenes, Consultant for the World Bank
- Guy Edwards, Senior Consultant for the Inter-American Development Bank
About the EU-LAC Bi-regional Partnership Essay Contest
The main purpose of the competition is to receive essays on topics of relevance to the bi-regional partnership, especially academic papers aimed at increasing visibility and promoting mutual knowledge.
For the second edition, the chosen theme was "Opportunities for the bi-regional strategic partnership in shaping a greener recovery".