Maintaining the Momentum for the SDGS in Latin America
On 4 April 2017 The Guardian will host an event alongside the World Economic Forum in Latin America to discuss the implementation of the sustainable development goals across the region.
Bringing together global and regional thought leaders, we will discuss how the goals can ensure social and economic development throughout Latin America – with two panel discussions focussing on access to water and healthcare.
The event will be chaired by Sibylla Brodzinsky, Colombia-based journalist and Guardian contributor.
Jessica Faieta, UNDP assistant administrator and director of the Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean will present the opening keynote address.
Date: Tuesday 4 April 2017
Time: 5pm - 9pm
Location: Four Seasons Hotel, Buenos Aires: Posadas 1086/88, C1011ABB CABA, Argentina
5pm: Registration and networking
5.35pm: Opening keynote address: the implementation of the SDG’s in Latin America and the Caribbean
5.50pm: The water crisis in Latin America
6.50pm: Improving access to healthcare across Latin America
7.40pm: Closing keynote address tbc
7.55pm: Lightning talk
8.05pm: Closing remarks
8.15pm: Drinks reception and networking
- Jessica Faieta, assistant administrator and director, UNDP regional bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Rebeca Grynspan, secretary general, Secretaría General Iberoamericana
- Dominic Waughray, senior director and head of environmental initiatives, World Economic Forum
- Pablo Bereciartua, under-secretary for hydraulic resources, Interior Ministry, Argentina
- Gustavo Saltiel, lead water and sanitation specialist, the World Bank
- Romina Libster, investigator, Fundacion Infant and National Scientific and Technical Research Council
- Femsa Foundation
- Carlos Iglesias, CEO, Lumed Health
Chaired by Sibylla Brodzinsky, journalist and Guardian contributor covering Latin American politics, social issues and human rights
For further information about the event and registration, please visit the official website