Conference IdA-EU-LAC Foundation 2017: The Caribbean in the strategic partnership EU-CELAC
Within the framework of their strategic partnership, the European Union – Latin America and Caribbean (EU-LAC) Foundation and the Institute of the Americas (IdA) organize every year, during the Latin American and Caribbean Week in France, with the support of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development and the European Commission, a conference to increase the knowledge and visibility of the bi-regional partnership. In 2017, the IdA-EU-LAC Foundation interdisciplinary Conference is organized jointly with of the University of Bordeaux, a member institution of IdA. It will be an event with high visibility that will bring together researchers, decision makers and representatives of international organizations and private sector to exchange their respective points of view on the position of the Caribbean as partner of the EU and Latin America.
Date and place: Thursday 1st June 2017 Paris, France.
Languages: Written communications and oral presentations will be made in English, Spanish, French or Portuguese.
Requirements for participants who wish to present an analysis in an academic panel:
Abstracts shall feature the following content:
- Communication title, author(s), institution(s) of affiliation, e-mail addresses;
- Abstracts of 200 to 300 words presenting the issue/topic addressed, the methodology used as well as main results.
- a bio-bibliographical notice (two pages maximum).
Summaries shall be sent before February 20th , 2017 (00:00), in English and in the original language (Spanish, French or Portuguese) to :
- Eric Dubesset (email@example.com)
- Carlos Quenan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Daniel Iglesias (email@example.com)
- Juliette Sérafini, Institut des Amériques (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- January 2017: publication of the call for papers
- February 20, 2017: deadline for the submission of abstracts
February 27, 2017: formal acceptance of abstracts
March 31, 2017: deadline for the submission of final contributions